To make a little easier for everyone to access the links I referenced, I’ve listed them here.
You can also view a recording of the presentation by WebAbleTV.
On February 27, I presented a session called “Writing for Everyone” at the CSUN Conference.
Accessible content makes it easier for everyone to get the information they need, reducing confusion and translation costs, improving searches, and optimizing content strategy.
If you want to read the annotations (speaker’s notes), view the presentation at SlideShare.
UPDATE: It isn’t possible to read the annotations through SlideShare, so I’ve uploaded and linked it. View WritingForEveryone (PDF, 4.6Mb).
Register now for the WritersUA Conference in Memphis from March 10-14, 2012, and take advantage of the early registration discount. (You can save $300!) The focus is on techniques for creating a better experience for people working with our software.
Hope to see you there!
Have you planned your 2012 conference schedule yet? Registration is open for several now, if you have 2011 funding that you need to spend before the new year.
Some of my favorites:
- 27th Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference (CSUN), February 27 – March 3, in San Diego, CA, USA. I’m not presenting at CSU (the Microsoft MVP Summit is taking place at the same time), but I’m hoping to attend at least one day.
- WritersUA (The Conference for Software User Assistance). March 11-14, in Memphis, TN, USA. I’ll be presenting two sessions during UA 101 on Sunday (“HTML and CSS” and “Help Authoring Tools”).
- LavaCon 2012 Graduate Event in Honolulu, April, 2012. If you attended LavaCon in November 2011, you can attend the Graduate Event (limited to 30 attendees). More information will be published soon.
- Technical Communication Summit, May 20-23, Rosemont, IL, USA. This year’s conference has over 80 sessions, organized in 10 tracks. “Really Early Bird” registration (limited to the first 100 registrants) expires December 31, and “Early Bird” registration expires March 30.
- Big Design Conference, May 31-June 2, Addison, TX, USA. You can purchase “Early Bird” tickets until February 29. The schedule is still being filled in, but a partial schedule is available.
- LavaCon 2012, October 2012, Portland, OR, USA. This year’s management focus is “Increasing Your Corporate Value”, and the technology focus is “Creating and Deploying eBooks”. More information will be available in 2012.
Hope to see you in 2012!