To make a little easier for everyone to access the links I referenced, I’ve listed them here.
You can also view a recording of the presentation by WebAbleTV.
- Million Dollar Comma http://www.snopes.com/legal/comma.asp
- Two Million Dollar Comma http://www.robhyndman.com/2006/08/07/the-2-million-comma/
- “Accessibility for web writers, part 1” http://www.4syllables.com.au/2010/09/accessibility-web-writers-part-1/
- “The state of our union is … dumber: How the linguistic standard of the presidential address has declined” http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/feb/12/state-of-the-union-reading-level
- Dan Zarella’s WordPress plugin, measuring the readability of blog posts http://danzarrella.com/introducing-danzarrellas-readability-analyzer-plugin-for-wordpress.html
- Rhonda Bracey’s “The problem with readability scores” (http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/the-problem-with-readability-scores/)
- Webdesigner Depot’s design checklist http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2010/02/a-review-of-consistent-designs-on-the-web/